Monday 23 June 2014

Lady the Kirin - Sculpture

I've been in a sculpture mood as of late, creating mystical beasts is wonderful.

This is Lady the Kirin, a pretty quiet little thing. 









Her scales and mane have an iridescent sheen while the rest of her is more matte.

This was my first try with utilizing glass eyes. Well, they're glass cabochons that are 8mm in diameter. I painted myself up some eyes with Photoshop then printed them out, glued them to the back. Worked perfectly! The cabochons are a little on the large size for a sculpture of this size, but I have smaller ones coming in the mail.


Also tried a new technique when it comes to sculpting feet. In the past I struggled with getting them to work to my standards, the weight of the sculpture would mess up the soft clay. This method is wonderful, I will only be sculpting feet this way for now on.



Lady is almost 6" tall, made with Super Sculpey and Superflex Sculpey.

No comments:

Post a Comment