Wednesday 9 July 2014

Butterflies and Moths - With An Edge

So I'm not a fan of bugs.

I'm more like a gets-deep-spine-shivers-of-terror kind of gal when it comes to creepy crawlies.

Yet I completely adore moths and butterflies. I mean, who doesn't? There is so much amazing variety in their shapes, sizes, colours and patterns. They're stunning.

So naturally they show up a lot in my artwork.

I'm not sure how I came upon this technique, but it works wonders with snazzy colourful subjects like butterflies and moths.
And it leaves you very light-headed.



First one, a made-up girly little thing.

 
Swallowtail Butterfly

This one was a volunteer piece for my university's Graduate studies journal.

Both of these are African species that were done as a commission for a biologist from Russia.



Blue Morpho



Sunset Moth
This one was a commission.


Luna Moth
[For Sale]

Enjoy!
- D

No comments:

Post a Comment